What is happiness?
Happiness is an internal bliss one can feel by its true and selfless love. To find happiness one has to love others selflessly. Give more and expect less is the real method of happiness.
Definitions of happiness
Happiness is a state of well-being which can be defined by the mental or emotional level of that being. – WittyWinks
“In psychology, happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being which can be defined by, among others, positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.” – Wikipedia
“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim, and end of human existence.” – HuffingtonPost
15 Simple Ways to Live a Happy Life
1. Do what makes you feel Happy if you want Real Happiness – If your passion is riding a racing car, writing journals, or wandering hill areas for mountaineering, make time to do what you love to do. Later or sooner, you’ll come to know that when you’re doing what you love, you’re filled with joy and real happiness. How much better does that sound than forcing yourself do something you don’t like?
2. Help Others to feel the pleasure of internal happiness – Whenever you achieve the goals set for yourself, you still feel empty inside. Do you know why? Because you haven’t made a meaningful contribution to someone else’s life or you did not share your happiness with others. But at the same time, when you help others in need, then it feels good to just be available for someone else. This impact you make feels fulfilling and is a big source of your internal happiness.
Related Post:[Do you Understand Happiness?]
3. Be Thankful for everything you have – God has given everyone everything according to their karma or the destiny. When you think of all the things that you have, you should be grateful for those. Soon you will realize how blessed you are. But without even realizing, we take our this for granted like a roof over your head and plenty of food to eat every day. Don’t forget to appreciate each and everything that you already have, you’ll begin to feel happier in your life.
4. Share with others to make them feel proud – Whenever you share your thoughts and your valuable time, and also your abilities with others, you really feel better than not sharing such things with others. And a life lived without sharing becomes lonely. When you share with others, they’ll feel great towards you and help you to feel more joy in your life.
5. Smile more to reduce stress – Smile or laugh out loud is a therapy to live long and disease free. When you practice smiling more then you see how it makes your internally happy as well as to those around you. Happiness is a priceless but beautiful gift when you give a smile to others. You can afford to give a smile or exchange your smile with others at no cost. So, smiling can make you happier than you don’t smile.
Related Post: [8 Tips To Help Manage And Reduce Your Stress Levels]
6. Exercise to stay fit – Do you remember when you last visited the gym or worked out to stay fit?Do you know that exercise daily may help to reduce stress and releases endorphins? Not only gymming but also playing sports is a fun way to exercise as well.
7. Take help from a Life Coach – You can learn these tips online but sometimes it requires you to take help from a life coach. Because a life coach can help you to evaluate your life matters and why you’re not feeling stress-free or happy with your life. Your life coach will also find out that what you can do to feel better.
8. You must learn Stress Management Skills – Don’t let stress make you unhappy or rob you of your birthright to be stress-free. Everyone deserves to be happy including you too. Practices meditation can help you to manage stress and with daily routine or meditation you will feel better and stress-free.
9. Chose your diet wisely – Eat Healthily – Do you know that animals eat what is healthy for them. But you are more superior than animals to think wisely. When you are sick, it’s much tougher to feel happy. But when you eat right, you feel better physically and mentally too. This would happen only when you choose your diet wisely. In other words, always eat the healthy diet.
Related Post: [What to Eat and What not to Eat?]
10. Loneliness is a curse and reason behind the stress – Always spend time with your loved ones to share your feelings or listen to theirs because as it is said that sharing is caring. There’s no other alternative or replacement for spending quality time with your loved ones or with your family. Do you know that we all are social beings, even if you’re an introvert or a loner? People love spending time with their friends and family for good conversation, bonding, and some laughs. Life’s too short to live it alone. Stop being alone, live with your loved ones.
11. Always stay positive and dump Negative Thinking –
Do you know that your negative thinking or negative approach brings you down? So how do you stop it? By becoming more aware of it and try replacing your negative thoughts with the positive ones. Spend less time with negative people and more time with positive people. Or try to spread your positive vibes so that other with negative vibes can take benefits from your vibes.
12. Sharing is Caring and giving gifts to feel stress-free – Your smile is a priceless gift for your everyone you know. You don’t need to give expensive gifts to others to make them happy instead you can give or share a poem or a thoughtful email will brighten someone else’s day, and yours too. Share what you can give to all the wonderful people in your life and first start with your lovely smile.
13. Forgive and Forget is a stress relief therapy – Do you know that your inner self will be damaged if you will hold any grudge. It will also harm you more than the person you’re holding it against. Always remember the policy of forgiving and forget because it is a stress relief therapy. If you do so, try to notice how you feel when you let go of your anger for a few seconds.
14. Nature is a great healer of stress – Make your habit to take a walk in Nature to live a stress-free life. Do you know spending time out in the natural atmosphere can be very refreshing and renewing? Taking a walk in your local area or park to get some fresh air and to appreciate the beauty of the natural world will free you from the stress.
15. Give time to yourself first – Be Yourself first if you want to help others. As Steve Jobs said,
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” Accept who you are, just be yourself, and you’ll feel a world of difference.
Related Post:[A Healthy Routine For Each Individual]
I hope you enjoyed above 15 Simple Ways to Live a Happy Life. If you have any query or feedback regarding the content, do share with us.