Most of us usually want something rewarding in life, but sometimes, it doesn’t happen despite the best efforts we put to achieve our goal. It may be your dream home, business, or a healthy and successful life that never took off, or perhaps the one you thought would be yours forever but left you for someone else. This may happen to everyone and we don’t get everything we wanted to have in our lives.
You feel disappointed, unhappy, and stressful. Don’t worry, you are not alone! At some point, everyone goes through terrible times in their life. And there is a way to face this phase of negativity by practicing positive thinking or develop positive thinking when things look hopeless.
Do you practice positive thinking when things look hopeless?
No one can control what happens to them. However, you can only control how to respond when something unexpected happens in your life. Because you are the creator of your future self and your future will be as you work in the present to achieve something in the near future.
So, in this post, I have written a list of tips that can help you to develop positive thinking when things look hopeless.
Related Post: How to fight laziness to take control of your life?
Table of Contents
- 5 Ways to develop positive thinking when things look hopeless
- 1. Learn to let go to develop positive thinking
- 2. Keep yourself Busy to develop positive thinking
- 3. Don’t compare yourself with others if you want to develop positive thinking
- 4. Celebrate small achievements to develop positive thinking
- 5. Surround yourself with positive thoughts or things to develop positive thinking
5 Ways to develop positive thinking when things look hopeless
1. Learn to let go to develop positive thinking
Learn to let go to develop positive thinking is the first phase to start thinking positive about the current situation you are facing. You can understand this with nature itself because nature has everything to understand about letting go. You can learn let go day and night, summer and winter etc. Everything which comes has to go someday.
Never hold any emotion for long, it will hurt your overall performance and you will distract from your goal.
- Always try to learn to let go of your past. If you don’t learn, how can you open your mind to the new possibilities that may be coming your way? Don’t attach your motions with your past, present, or don’t pre-think or presume the future, it is not yet come. Always accept the facts and take your emotions out, you will see problems are changing to blessings because every problem teaches us a valuable lesson of life.
- Doing so will not remove your negative feelings. For this, you will need to train your mind for positive thinking and it requires dedication and commitment. There are several ways to do so. It includes meditation and yoga, to learn to let go of things that might be stalling your progress. So, lean to let go.
2. Keep yourself Busy to develop positive thinking
By keeping yourself busy, you allow yourself to develop positive thinking because an idle mind may wander here and there in unimportant things. It will also waste your valuable time and money if not taking care of your idle time.
- If you are free then it is possible that negative thinking may surround you. To not let it happen, find ways to keep yourself busy and productive, because it will help you in positive thinking. The root cause of negative thinking is loneliness and remain idle.
- There are several productive activities to keep yourself busy with, taking a class, doing community service as a volunteer, going on a long drive or to your favorite destination, reading your favorite book or catching up with old friends. Who knows, you may find something that will change your life forever!
3. Don’t compare yourself with others if you want to develop positive thinking
The comparison is the biggest obstacle in your day to day progress towards your goal. So don’t compare yourself with others if you want to develop positive thinking.
- People who compare themselves with others are living with a stressful life full of worries and future tensions. On the other side, people who live without comparing themselves with others successful people may lead to a healthy life full of joy and stress-free. More often, people try to compare their worst qualities with the best they see in others.
- As soon as you start comparing yourself with others, several emotions (such as stress, inferiority complex, and jealousy) control your mind. And it leads to a negative thinking. Unfortunately, this negative process never ends. This is why you should avoid comparing yourself with others.
- If you feel the need to compare yourself, do so with yourself by measuring up to see if you are better than your past self. Start appreciating the small things, like your friends, family members, the one whom you love, and your previous achievements.
4. Celebrate small achievements to develop positive thinking
- The way to develop positive thinking requires you to embrace your every achievement whether small of big. Don’t be one of those people who are negative thinkers and they don’t recognize their own achievements.
- Always remember, you can not achieve your goal overnight. In fact, it may take longer than expected. But these little celebrations will help keep you going and motivated towards your goal.
- Start celebrating each and every small achievement to feel proud and it will develop positive thinking.
5. Surround yourself with positive thoughts or things to develop positive thinking
Surrounding yourself with positive thoughts or things to develop positive thinking is the best way to achieve what you want to accomplish in your life.
- If you are feeling motivated every time, nothing can stop you to achieve your goals in life even when things look hopeless. You will find your way towards your goals. For this surround yourself with positive thoughts or things like reading inspirational books, quotes or stories. It is perhaps the best way to stay optimistic in the negative atmosphere. In fact, books may be your best friends because they neither complain nor have expectations.
- If you want to get rid of negative thoughts, fill it up with positive thoughts and inspiring information. If you don’t like reading, try subscribing to a website that offers inspirational quotes or blog posts every day.
I hope this bite-sized information to develop positive thinking when things look hopeless, is worth to read. If you will read it thoroughly, you will definitely find the way to be successful in life by achieving whatever you want to achieve.
However, it may take some time depending on your goal to goal planning, strategy, execution, and observation. Have faith in your intuition and do what you think is right for you.
If you really find this helpful, feel free to give your feedback and share with your friends and family whom you love.
Thanks for reading.