1. Honey is the only food consumed by humans that doesn’t go off.
2. A donkey can sink into quicksand but a mule can’t.
3. Every time you sneeze your heart stops a second.
4. The hardest tongue-twister is “Sixth Sick Sheik’s Sixth Sheep’s Sick”.
5. Hummingbirds are the only creatures that can fly backward.
6. An ostrich has got eyes bigger than its brain.
7. Cockroaches can live 9 days without their heads before they starve to death.
8. A flamingo can eat only when its head is upside down.
9. In a study by the University of Chicago in 1907, it was concluded that the easiest color to spot is yellow. This is why John Hertz, the founder of the Yellow Cab Company, picked cabs to be yellow.
10. Each nostril of a human being registers smells in a different way. Smells that are made from the right nostril are more pleasant than the left. However, smells can be detected more accurately when made by the left nostril.
11. If you save one penny and double it every successive day, (one to two, two to four, four to eight and so on), by the end of 30 days you’ll have $5,368,708! (or £’s or whatever currency).
12. The best time for a person to buy shoes is in the afternoon. This is because the foot tends to swell a bit around this time.