Most of the time people think of maintaining a healthy relationship with their life partner or their colleagues but they forget that family is the basis of all relations. A healthy family relationship provides members with the support, encouragement and empathy that they need. And this makes them capable to handle all other relations carefully. Let’s discuss some tricks to keep the relationship among family members healthy.
1. Set them free: Buddha says, “You only lose what you cling to.” Exactly. So stop controling others. You can’t make others to love or respect you or stay with you. So start loving without expecting love in return.
2. Accept people as they are: We all are different and our beauty lies in accepting that. No need to change or mould others. What you can do is ‘change yourself’, work on that.
3. You are the source of your happiness: Expectations ruin a relation. How could you expect from others to make you happy when you are torturing your soul with expectations? You are the one who can make ‘you’ happy. Start doing things for yourself instead of expecting it from others.
4. Give what you want to get: There is a big difference between what we demand and what we give, eradicate that difference. If you want respect, love and freedom give it first.
5. Let it go : When you let go, you create space for better things to enter your life. No need to feed your anger, let all the grudges die. It will help you and others to breathe freely.
Remember this quote by Buddha “In the end only 3 things matter : how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.”
Hope this will help you all bridge up your broken family relations and keep them alive.