Table of Contents
- How to set ambitious and achievable career goals to succeed in life?
- 10 tips to set ambitious and achievable career goals to succeed in life
- How to define your goals to achieve success in life?
- What is the SMART framework and how to define your goals?
- How to define your goals with the SMART framework?
- Break your bigger goals in smaller goals
- Start with short-term goals
- Make a plan of action on how you’re going to reach your goals
How to set ambitious and achievable career goals to succeed in life?
Everyone wants to succeed in life and often works hard to achieve goals. But the problem is that they are working without setting their goals and disappoints when they fail to achieve what they were seeking. If you really want to achieve the next level means setting and keeping career goals, you have to work with proper planning, observation and by setting ambitious and achievable career goals to succeed in life.
Your objective should be clear and targeted to explain your desires that you want to achieve in your life. Once you are clear about what you want in life, make sure you follow some steps as mentioned below:-
10 tips to set ambitious and achievable career goals to succeed in life
- Make a plan
- Execute your plan
- Observe your outputs
- Amend your plan if needed
- Believe in your capacity to do what you are doing
- Never afraid of failure because it is part of life
- Accept and embrace the result
- Find out the reasons for failure and make a list to refine your mistakes
- Seek help from your family, friends and whom you trust to start again
- Repeat the process by taking care of your earlier mistakes and refining them
The most critical step to achieving success is defining your career goal. For this, you must know where to go and where you’re going in order to achieve success. The relationship between your goals and your success works best when you align your goals for the future to achieve success.
To achieve a goal-oriented success, you must know how to define your goals. For this, you must set ambitious and achievable career goals to succeed in life
How to define your goals to achieve success in life?
Simply setting your goal will never help you in achieving success. For this, use SMART framework to explain your vision. SMART is an acronym for “Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Realistic with Timelines”. The SMART framework demystifies goals by breaking them into smaller steps.
- Set goals that motivate you
- Set smart goals
- Set goals in writing
- Create an action plan
- Embrace your decisions
Here are 3 questions you should ask yourself if you really want to succeed in your life:-
- Have you ever thought about your needs, wants and desires to accomplish in the next five years’ time?
- Are you clear about what is your main objective either at work or at home?
- Do you know what you want to have achieved by the end of today?
Think about the above questions and analyze before you start working towards your goals. This will surely help you in achieving what you want to achieve.
After this self-analysis, you need a smart framework to define your goals.
What is the SMART framework and how to define your goals?
- Specific – Target a specific area of Improvement
- Measurable – Quantify or at least suggest an indicator of progress
- Achievable, Accountable, Assignable – Can it be done and if so, be specific that will do it.
- Relevant – State the goal to be achieved by making sure it’s relevant to the individual and the organization.
- Time Bound – specify when the result(s) can be achieved
How to define your goals with the SMART framework?
Defining your goals with the SMART framework helps you in achieving them in the given deadline of time. In simple words, the SMART framework breaks your goals into smaller steps. Other benefits of using this SMART way keep you stress-free and energetic all the time while working towards your goal. Here are 3 main tips to set your goals with the SMART framework:
Break your bigger goals in smaller goals
To achieve your goals, first, you need to cut your bigger goals into smaller goals. It will give you time to make a plan to achieve your goals. Once you succeed, start with another smaller goal to achieve and repeat this process until you do not achieve your bigger goal.
Start with short-term goals
Now when you have broken your bigger goals into smaller goals, it is time to work on your short-term goals first. Short-term goals may take 1-3 years to complete. As you succeed in your short-term goals, that success should feed into accomplishing your long-term goals.
Make a plan of action on how you’re going to reach your goals
Proper planning is the backbone and responsible factor for your success. The better your planning, the perfect your success in goal achievement will be. At least you should be able to explain your pant of actions. If you can’t explain the steps, then you need to break your goal down into more manageable chunks.
Now if you understand the SMART framework to set “Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Realistic with Timelines”, then no one can stop you from succeeding in your life. You will definitely achieve your goals whether you set short-term or long-term goals.
I hope this bite-sized knowledge is worth to read about to set ambitious and achievable career goals to succeed in life. If you really think so, do share with your friends and family to motivate them.
If you have anything in the form of negative or positive feedback, do let me know to improve my write up.
Thanks for reading and sharing.