If there is someone you wish you were more like ? Do you want to be like someone who is admired and liked more than you? Do you feel dissatisfied with your personality and want to change it? Are you regularly asked by people to learn something from him/her?
If you are facing these questions and criticism then this post is for you.
Now the question is what you should do to transform yourself?
1. Make a plan: What you’re looking to change, what you’re looking to become, which qualities you want to adopt and which habits you want to leave? Make a list of all this and start working accordingly.
2. Label yourself with positive traits: If you think of yourself as timid, shy and under confident you may find yourself embracing those characteristics. But if you realize that you’re always growing and changing, you may open up to opportunities that inspire that growth.
3. Be positive: The beauty of your brain is that it is part of you, and you control it. If you find yourself thinking, “Oh my God, I can’t, I can’t, I can’t, I can’t, I can’t,” you probably won’t be able to. So change this “I can’t” attitude to “I can”.
4. Imitate the person you want to be: Distinguish what is it you want to emulate. Don’t just look at a person and say “Yes, I want to be like that.” Find out exactly what it is that you admire — is it how they handle situations? Their manner of speaking? How they walk or, move? Find the habits you want to cultivate and start adopting those habits of this new character in every situation.
5. Fake it until you make it: It is similar to Aristotle’s idea that to be virtuous, one must act as a virtuous person would act. So the idea is very simple start imitating the habits till you acquire them completely.
What else should be done?
Meet new people
Face new situations
Start doing workout
Improve your dressing sense
Reflect on your new personality
Most importantly commit mistakes because your mistakes helps you learn a new lesson every time and give you mental strength.
Hope this would help you to be what you want to be.