Table of Contents
October 1st: Ford Puts Millions in the Driving Seat
Henry Ford’s Model T rolled off the assembly line on this day in automotive history, bringing affordable motoring to millions.
Event Date: October 1, 1908
Location: Detroit, Michigan, USA
Hailed as “the car of the century,” the first Model T Ford rolled off the assembly line in Detroit, Michigan, on this day, bringing vehicle ownership to millions of people for the first time.
Who was Henry Ford and why he is famous?
- Full Name: Henry Ford
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Ford Motor Company Founder
- Born: July 30, 1863
- Birthplace: Greenfield Township, Michigan, USA
- Star Sign: Leo
- Died: April 7, 1947 (aged 83)
- Cause of Death: Cancer
Henry Ford was Famous, because
Historical Events happened on October 01 in history.
- 1688 Prince Willem III of Orange accepts the invitation of taking up the British crown
- 1814 Opening of the Congress of Vienna, which redrew Europe’s political map after the defeat of Napoléon Bonaparte
- 1867 Karl Marx’ “Das Kapital” published
- 1908 Henry Ford introduces the Model T car (costs $825)
- 1988 Mikhail Gorbachev becomes Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet, effectively head of state of the Soviet Union
I hope you enjoyed these historical events of October 01 from the history when happened.
Thanks for reading.