Historical Events in the Life of Akbar
- 1556-11-05 Akbar (14) succeeds his father Humajun as Sultan of Delhi
- 1575-03-03 Indian Mughal Emperor Akbar defeats Bengali army at the Battle of Tukaroi
What were Historical Events in the History?
- 1581 Commissioned by Catherine De Medici, the 1st ballet “Ballet Comique de la Reine” is staged in Paris
- 1815 Napoleon Bonaparte arrives on island of St Helena to begin his exile
- 1951 Mexican chemist Luis E. Miramontes synthesizes the first oral contraceptive
- 1969 Vietnam Moratorium Day; millions nationwide protest the war
- 1993 Nelson Mandela and South African President F. W. de Klerk awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
Who was Akbar and what do you know about his life?
Profession: Mughal Emperor
Why Famous: The third and one of the greatest rulers of the Mughal Dynasty in India. A strong personality and a successful general, he gradually enlarged the Mughal Empire to include nearly all of the Indian Subcontinent north of the Godavari river.
To unify the vast Mughal state, he established a centralised system of administration throughout his empire and adopted a policy of conciliating conquered rulers through marriage and diplomacy.
Born: October 15, 1542
Birthplace: Umerkot, Rajputana (present-day Sindh), Pakistan
Star Sign: Libra
Died: October 27, 1605 (aged 63)