12 quotes on life by Khaled Hosseini
Quotes on life by Khaled Hosseini.
Khaled Hosseini is an Afghan-born American novelist who has enlightened our literary world with three wonderful novels; The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns, And the Mountain Echoed.
And through these wonderful works Hosseini has given us some of the most heart-tugging thoughts to live by. Here are 12 quotes on life by Khaled Hosseini that make us wiser.
1. But better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.
2. It may be unfair, but what happens in a few days, sometimes even a single day, can change the course of a whole lifetime.
3. And that’s the thing about people who mean everything they say. They think everyone else does too.
4. Marriage can wait, education cannot.
5. It always hurts more to have and lose than to not have in the first place.
6. Of all the hardships a person had to face, none was more punishing than the simple act of waiting
7. A society has no chance of success if its women are uneducated…
8. It’s a funny thing… but people mostly have it backward. They think they live by what they want. But really, what guides them is what they’re afraid of. What they don’t want.
9. They say, Find a purpose in your life and live it. But, sometimes, it is only after you have lived that you recognize your life had a purpose, and likely one you never had in mind.
10. It’s wrong what they say about the past, I’ve learned, about how you can bury it. Because the past claws its way out.
11. A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.
12. I’m so afraid. Because I’m so profoundly happy. Happiness like this is frightening…They only let you this happy if they’re preparing to take something from you.