Are you shopping online regularly with your net banking or your debit card? If your answer is yes, make sure you know the basics of online fraudulent activities and security tips to avoid phishing. This is called the security alert during an online financial transaction.
Following are the few steps to avoid fraud during financial transactions, online scams like phishing, vishing etc.
- Please NEVER respond to an email, SMS or telephonic call, no matter how appealing or appearing as Official, asking for your personal information related to NetBanking i.e. username, password(s), One Time Passwords (OTP), mobile number, ATM Card details, etc. Such communications are sent or created by fraudsters to extract your confidential information.
- Many a time, fraudsters are impersonating the Bank or RBI staff through e-Mail appearing to be sent through Bank’s legitimate e-Mail ID or through the phone. Please inform the Branch immediately in case you receive any such communication.
- In case, your mobile SIM stop working suddenly, please immediately take up with Telecom Service operator to ascertain if duplicate SIM is procured by fraudsters. In case of any doubt, please contact Bank immediately. Alternatively, you may also enter the wrong password 5 times to block your NetBanking User ID.
- Configure the latest version of anti-spam and anti-virus software with up to date definitions of the same. Use pop-up blocker to help in stopping the automatic execution of malicious code. Please avoid accessing Internet banking site from cyber cafes or shared PCs. Please never Download from unfamiliar sources may contain hidden programs or viruses that can compromise your computer’s security.
- NEVER access our Internet Banking Website through any Link. Always type the URL starts with “HTTPS://” to login into the Internet Banking Application. Kindly Change your Internet Banking password at regular intervals to ward off phishing risks.
10 Simple Things You Must Do to Protect Yourself from Cyber Thefts & Security Breaches
- Use trusted websites for financial transactions
- Look for the green lock in address bar or browser
- Avoid using shared Wi-Fi network in public domains
- Install latest and updatable security software
- Be attentive while dealing with promotional offers online
- Avoid signing-in to your net-banking account via mailers
- Change your password regularly and ensure it’s a strong one
- Change your ATMs pin regularly to avoid a phishing attack
- Be aware of fraud phone calls and never share your personal or financial details with them
- Regularly get in touch with your bank for the routine checkup of your account balance