What is depression and how to fight back with it?
These days we all face stress at one situation or the other, we experience sudden mood swings, low, lack of interest in any activity, in some cases these things are quite normal but when you feel it intensely without any reason and for a very long time then it’s a time to tame it. Depressions is not just feeling low or experiencing mood swings – it’s a serious condition that affects your physical and mental health. Like any other situation you have to fight it at your own.
People around you can lend you a hand but it’s you who have to hold that hand to come out of that dark pit.
No two people are affected the same way by depression and there is no “one-size-fits-all” kind of treatment. So you have to diagnose its type to find the treatment that works best for you. And that could be done with the help of a good phycologist. Till then try to follow these basic tips to save yourself or your loved ones from the claws of depression:
6 ways to fight back with depression
- Try to be active and do exercise.
- Meditation is also a good way to make your mind healthy.
- Set realistic goals for yourself.
- Try not to isolate yourself instead spend time with other people and confide in a trusted friend or relative.
- Postpone important decisions or discuss your decisions with others who know you well and have a more objective view of your situation.
- No need to judge yourself on others parameters.
Remember it’s a slow process so expect your mood and behaviour to improve gradually, not immediately. And Let your loved ones help you. You’ll succeed definitely.