Often, we assume it must be dandruff, a common problem, but there are many conditions that can cause a dry, itchy scalp in addition to dandruff such as a bacterial infection caused by an autoimmune condition, head lice, dust, fungal infections. Let’s see some home remedies to cure it.
Oils to cure it:
1. Tea tree oil is an amazing essential oil. It provides antioxidant benefits and is antimicrobial, which means it has the ability to fight bacteria, viruses and fungus.
2. Peppermint oil has cooling and soothing properties that make it one of the best essential oils for itchy scalp issues. It contains menthol which has numbing and cooling properties that will calm & numb the itch and any pain caused by scratching. Peppermint essential oil is especially good for soothing dry, itchy and flaky scalps affected by dandruff.
3. Neem oil is effective against several human fungi including candida, which is one of the major cause of dandruff. Also when you have dandruff there is some underlying inflammation going on that makes the scalp red and irritated. Inevitably, neem oil will take care of everything as along with anti-fungal properties, it also has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects that help with redness and scalp irritation. It is beneficial in treating head lice also.
4. Coconut oil has strong antimicrobial properties. The oil penetrates your scalp and kills irritants, improving scalp health and curbing dandruff.
Masks can also cure itchy scalp:
1. Use banana, avocado and honey hair and scalp mask. A hair mask can provide the perfect bacteria fighters and, if used a few times a week, can really make a difference in a healthy way.
2. Yogurt, honey and lemon mask can also help wonders in treating dandruff and making your scalp healthy.
3. Green tea and peppermint essential oil mask proves an excellent conditioner that also have antioxidant and antimicrobial properties that promote scalp health.
4. ACV (apple cider vinegar) is one of the easiest, cheapest, and most effective treatment for dandruff and an itchyscalp. It also makes your hair amazingly silky, smooth, and beautiful by restoring the pH balance of your scalp.
Along with these treatments follow a healthy routine, avoid using chemicals as these chemicals can lead straight to an itchy scalp, bumps on the scalp and other scalp conditions. Maintaining good personal hygiene is very important in addition to avoiding sharing combs and brushes. Clean your combs, brushes and headbands with a good shampoo.